Wednesday 14 May 2014

Post #13 (12.05.14) >> A snack before dinner

After leaving Doguya-suji street bound for some rest at the hotel, I started to feel peckish.



We were walking down Ebisubashi street when this sushi store caught my attention.
I looked inside and saw that it was quite busy so you know, it might be good.
Trevor not really hungry and watching his waist line reluctantly agreed to go in.


After sitting down I realised this conveyor belt (sushi train) sushi was quite ordinary.
I was lured in by "93 types of sushi from all over Japan".
Where was the advertised wide variety ?










Starting to run out of things to try, I asked Trevor if he wanted to try something that we hadn't picked before.
I didn't quite know what it was but it couldn't be that bad ... or could it ?


Trevor ate his piece first, and immediately judging by the expression on his face I knew it was not going to be enjoyable.

In my mouth it went ... hmm not too bad ?
Moments later after it all mixed together ... my gag reflex kicked in.
F*ck what to do !!!
I tried to slowly eat it, flipping it around with my tongue from one side of my mouth to the other etc.
The flavour, whatever the f*ck it was ... started to overwhelm my senses.
It needed to go !!! If i didnt do something quick, this vulgar whatever it was ... was gonna end up all over the train infront of me.

I quickly grabbed two napkins and got rid of it.
Phew.
My mouth was still awash in the taste of that grossness.
I cleansed my palate with many pieces of pickled ginger but the after taste was still there.


Ok it was time to get out of this place.
Our first dissppointing experience in JP.




Not satisfied from that sushi, back in Dotonburi i had some take away crab legs from the front of Kani Doraku.







Meh ! not as tasty as the Alaskan King Crab legs I had at Outback steakhouse back home last week.
Who would have thought.

Picture of said Outback Steakhouse Alaskan King Crab last week back home in Sydney


We walked around Dotonburi street in the rain for a while until my stomach started to protest.
It wasn't long before I had to retreat to the hotel.
Was it the crab legs ? or that hideous mysterious sushi ?
I blamed the sushi.


Two gastro-stop tablets were taken after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment